Notes from Ghana #12

So you have heard the occasional comments about the dresses and outfits. Kwasi’s daughter Angelina is a favourite among us all, staying up late sewing traditional outfits for all the women on the trip. And the guys have had all their tailoring done by Sakura (also related to Kwasi but more distantly….ask Rowan he is studiously trying to record the family tree here…no easy task). We all agreed the youth have an incredible eye for what suits them, both in cloth and styles. See for yourself! (You know you can click on each photo to enlarge). We all dressed for our trip to Dzogadze yesterday but ore on that trip later…its pretty indescribable so not sure who we will get to try to convey that experience.   (I am sitting drinking my morning Nescafe,  fingers crossed that ALL these photos will load so here we go…).

This entry was posted in Footsteps to Ghana. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Notes from Ghana #12

1. Mary Gauvreau says:

You all look beautiful! Angelina and Sakura are amazing to get all that sewing done in such a short time.

2. Chris says:

I love the colours and patterns. It looks like everyone chose a different fabric. I see a fashion show/trip slide show event coming up for the fall!! Wouldn’t that be fun? Maybe with a potluck dinner??
    Hope Peter conveyed my message about scraps for a quilt.

3. Vicky says:

MAGNIFICENT!

4. Eleanor Hotchkiss says:

What a fashion show!!!!! Your trip continues to intrique us. Keep up the excellent blogs.

5. Marmie says:

Hey Kathy – got Zach’s message on facebook – Shelagh can (should) read the reply. Thanks, Marmie

6. Carole says:

wow!! you all look fatastic!! Willow i LOVE your fabric and design!! The picture doesn’t enlarge for me, does it work for anyone else??
    Thank you again and again for these blogs. What memories you are recording. Priceless.

7. Dina van Waterschoot says:

FABULOUS!

8. Carla says:

Wow. Everyone looks so beautiful. What beautiful fabrics. I had to download the pics to enlarge them. A rainy morning here at home. (finally, it’s been kinda hot here lately). Have a wonderful day!

9. Becky Rynor says:

Whoa! What a stylin’ group you are! Love the choice of fabrics, the colours, the patterns! Boy do I feel drab in my grey sweatpants and hoodie!
    Hey Augusta, we are up at Round Lake…the chippies are driving us crazy! The other morning I was peacefully gazing out at the lake, looked down at the newspaper and one was sitting at my elbow, looking up at me. (apologies to the still-sleeping cottagers for my screech!!) And I’m almost certain the woodpeckers are tapping out a distinctive African rhythm! Huge storm last night knocked out the electricity for several hours, making it a perfect night for stargazing! :) Wondering what the night skies are like in your village…

10. Jan Downing says:

What a confident brilliant group of folks you are! This is a wonderful display of the colors of Ghana. Thanks for keeping us supplied with our Ghanian fix. Keep it comin’.

11. Lynda says:

Absolutely love it! You guys look fabulous. And just as much as I love how the wonderful descriptive words make your experiences live for us, the pictures show my soul that you are all having fun and are happy. Couldn’t ask for a greater gift or reassurance. These daily blogs and pictures are truly my sanity jolt each morning these days. Please keep it up!

Enjoy every one of your moments. And make sure you enjoy twice as much, for those of us who are left at home wishing we were there with you!

Thanks to all for making this a rich trip of a lifetime for our loved ones. And please say hi to ioyan for me.

12. Freya says:

I love the dresses!!!!!!

Freya

13. Lewis says:

Rory: Performances Nov. 10 and Nov. 19
    Having lunch with the Chair of the Board of Directors Monday. Speaking with the Musical Director Tuesday.
    “The Wonder of We” for Girl’s Chorus please.

Yum.